You should also get your healthy, beautiful smile back with us!
Tooth loss can be a big a problem for anybody. You cannot chew well, enjoy a tasty meal or smile freely. You feel uncomfortable and therefore are moody, you cannot enjoy life fully. With today’s scientific and technological development, implants are a safe solution for most cases. Dental implant surgery has become an integral part of dentistry. The quality of the materials and advanced surgical techniques make it a routine procedure. The implant with dentures will be as strong, well-usable and beautiful as your original teeth. In case you should be afraid of the dental implant pain, you can your treatment under full dental anesthesia.
What exactly is a dental implant?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of biomaterial, which are put in place of the lost or extracted teeth as tooth roots. After a healing period the dentist places the final (fixed or removable) dentures onto these artificial roots. The dental implant material is in most cases pure, unalloyed titanium. Human body completely accepts titanium, so it does not cause any problems even if you are allergic to other metals. An essential characteristic of titanium is to form a protective oxide layer on the surface of the teeth, which is the cause of its particularly good compatibility. Titanium implants strain the patient less than previous implantation techniques and they very rarely lead to complications in wound healing.
What implantation proceedings are there?
1. Two-phase dental implant surgery
2. Immediate loading dental implant surgery for those who cannot or do not want to invest several months in the treatment. Important: It depends on the individual case whether this type of dental implant surgery is a viable option.
Get a quote and find out whether it is feasible for you.
3. If you do not have enough bones, are a smoker or have diabetes, the basal dental implant surgery is more suitable for you. Of course if you still want to get the conventional two-phase dental implant surgery, it is perfectly possible.
To determine which dental implant surgery method suits you the best, you should definitely send us a panoramic x-ray when requesting a quote.
In some cases it may be necessary that the treating dentist examines the patient thoroughly in the clinic.
Our company offers an excellent opportunity for a day trip to Hungary, where it is possible to assess your health status. By doing it we can prepare an accurate treatment plan and cost estimate for you. You can find the exact details of the “Dental Check” trip on our contact page. This way you can get to know your dentist, clinic and its staff and personal assistant beforehand.
First we establish the suitable dental implant surgery method and the number and type of the implants that you need. Then you get your quote with the exact costs and the course of your treatment and we arrange the appointments. Get to know everything about the dental treatment costs and dental travel costs and your dental trip in general.
What advantages does the dental implant surgery have for the replacement of teeth?
– In case of single holes, it is not necessary to grind the adjacent healthy teeth down. You can also read an article, which answers the question ‘dental bridge or implant‘.
– Dental implants are the basis for fixed dentures, so that they can provide more stability and a better chewing ability. In addition, they offer a sense of security and an excellent aesthetic effect. These together improve the quality of life of our patients.
– In case of total loss of teeth, dental implants can be used as pillars in many ways for fixing dentures.
Two-phase dental implant surgery
- If you do not want to grind down the adjacent healthy teeth
- If you want to replace your removable dentures with fixed crowns/bridges
- If there are more missing teeth next to each other
- In case of severe blood diseases, severe coagulation disorders
- In case of severe diabetes (the basal dental implant surgery can be a solution) and the associated microcirculatory disturbances
- In case of cancer
- In case of high malocclusions
- In case of poor oral hygiene
- In case of heavy smoking (for these patients the basal dental implant surgery can be a solution)
- In case of excessive alcohol consumption (for these patients the basal dental implant surgery can be a solution)
- In case of drug addiction (for these patients the basal dental implant surgery can be a solution)
After the loss of teeth, there is no “workload” on the jawbones in that area when you chew. This means that in a short time the bone in the jaw bone tissue decreases. Thus you will need bone grafting for the implants.
Whether the patient needs a small or large amount of bone grafting, thanks to today’s modern techniques, it can now take place in the same session as the implantation. The choice only affects the length of the healing period.
Our dentists carry out the dental implant surgery under strict sterile conditions with local anesthesia or, if needed, under full anesthesia. After a small mucosal incision, the bone surface is exposed, the bone cavity for the implant is formed and then the implant is inserted the hole. Then the gum is stitched up, the threads are removed within a few days and the implant can heal undisturbed under the protection of the mucosa.
The healing process takes a minimum of 3 months. Over this period the bone cells can grow directly into the microspores on the surface of the implants. This bone accretion (also called osseointegration) creates the stable fixation of the implant. Thanks to this the implant will be able to bear the chewing pressure without suffering any damage.
After the period of osseointegration the dentist can prepare and insert the dentures. First, the dentist opens up the gum to expose the implant. This is not a serious operation, there is going to be only a tiny opening in the gum. Then the dentist places the gum shaping abutment onto the implant.
On the basis of the impression made afterwards, the planned denture is completed in a short time in the dental laboratory.
As a result of inadequate oral hygiene, bacteria can live in the plaque on the implant – just like on natural teeth. These bacteria can cause periodontal disease, lead to bone decrease and thus and can loosen the artificial tooth roots.
The right cleaning method is extremely important, as well as the use of dental floss and the occasional use of other oral hygiene specialist equipment. Dental implants require increased oral hygiene, therefore regular (twice a year) check-up visits are necessary!
During these check-up visits the dentist checks the bone and gums around the implant, the condition of the denture and, if necessary, takes the appropriate adjustments (e.g. removal of tartar).